Gaming Latest - PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Video Game Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wii the Least Played Console

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
LV

Awards
Credits
Nintendo's Wii is the least played current generation console in the US, according to figures recently revealed by Nielsen.

Figures pulled from a survey of 17,000 homes revealed that the Wii was used an average of five days for the month of December 2008, leaving it trailing someway behind the PlayStation 3's 6.8 days and the Xbox 360's 7.1 days.

Both the original Xbox and PlayStation 2 also earned more use over the month, coming in at 5.6 and 5.5 days respectively.

more here

hcfwesker

LV

Credits
yeah, it's popualr when you first get your hands on one, it's just refreshing new gameplay .. but, after the hype wheres down quickly, you're looking for those hardcore titles you use to play before motion controls.

i've been waiting a year for a Wii game to really impress me. hopefull the conduit is that game .. just needs to hurry up

froggyboy604

Staff member
Tech Savvy
LV

Credits
I think it is least played because a lot of people buy a wii thinking they can use a wii to lose weight because of the exercise games the wii have, but once they get bored of exercising, they stop playing wii sports. It is similar to how so many people go to the gym to lose weight and quit when they don't see results or get bored.

GAMER_NOW

LV

Credits
Is that something an extreme fanboy stated or something? I agree with the gracious admin, I'd expect "cool people" to be the ones with 360's.

froggyboy604

Staff member
Tech Savvy
LV

Credits
QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ April 19, 2009 05:31 pm) QUOTE (Narutohero @ April 19, 2009 02:03 pm) I bet people think that having a Wii makes them look cool >_>.
I don't see how anyone can come up with that conclusion.
I agree the Wii is not very well known for enhancing someone's social life. The PS3 is more about being cool by following the latests tech trends like Blu-Ray, HDMI, Cell processors, and larger hard drives on consoles.

GracefulAssassin

Mori Hater
LV

Credits
QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ April 19, 2009 05:31 pm) QUOTE (Narutohero @ April 19, 2009 02:03 pm) I bet people think that having a Wii makes them look cool >_>.
I don't see how anyone can come up with that conclusion.
All my friends think they are SO FREAKING COOL cause they have a Wii. But I don't mean EVERYONE. But that's my opinion since my friends are like that >_>.