Gaming Latest - PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Video Game Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survive without tech

Epicfied

LV

Credits
If I grew up without it all, I would be fine. If it happened right now, I'd feel a little lost.
I could easily find something else to do though. I'm definitely an art fanatic.
Life without technology may even be better for the country in all honesty.

oOPrettyNPinkOo

Go for it now, The future is promised to no one
LV

Credits
I think people in the city areas would have a harder time dealing with no technology then those in the more rural areas. I'm from West Virginia, a very rural state in the US, and other than dealing with technology at work - I go home, shut off my cell phone, and do things that honestly don't involve technology unless you're including electricity into that factor. I think the younger generation relies soley too much on it and that if/when something would happen (depression/WWIII) and they would lose those luxuries those indivduals wouldn't know what to do. People around here are outdoors doing things mostly, even if they're tech savvy, but they're not lost without it because it's not something they rely on or even by choice deal with frequently. :)

froggyboy604

Staff member
Tech Savvy
LV

Credits
I think non-tech related artists like painters, statue makers, play theatre, poets, and writers will survive better without tech since they will have less competition from movies, video games, and software which take up a lot of people's time, so they might not pay attention to non-electrical hobbies like paintings, books, or sculptures as much because they arealways occupied with tech-related hobbies like video games, social networks, eBooks, computers, cell phones, etc on their free time.

I also see a rise in sales of sports equipment, and non-electrical based toys like balls, tennis, golf, kites, yo-yos, puzzles, etc if tech did not exist.

Black Angel

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger..
Full GL Member
LV

Credits
I recently read that more and more women were buying rope, so perhaps they've decided to take up climbing..

Ok so, I'm really not that naive, I know it has to do with that new book..

But I think that many people in general just take technology for granted and don't really realize it until they're forced to make do without it.

As for me though, put me in a rural environment, or one without the modern day perks, and I'll make it work. I may be a NY'er, but I can easily adjust to just about any environment I'm placed in.