Gaming Latest - PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Video Game Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spam prevention suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielx64

Staff member
LV

Credits
Hai @Demon_Skeith,

Some suggestions, are you up to set things up so that if someone joins unless they have x posts or been around for x days they can't post links? I'm sure this would take care of the spam issue since if someone tries to spam links, I don't believe that link would get posted.

What do you think?

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
LV

Awards
Credits
I don't think xenforo allows that, I plan on looking into it soon.

Danielx64

Staff member
LV

Credits
I think the real issue is (I am sure that the permissions needed are there) is whether or not you can auto move people from one group to another.

With that said, thank you for looking into it :)

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
LV

Credits
What about cloudflare?
It's not ideal but it can prevent spam to some extent. I have been using it and I do recommend it

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Administrator
LV

Credits
Never found cloud fare that effective and find it off putting to some people to see the checker screen before they reach the site. I think we should just make it so the first 3 posts or so need moderator approval before the new members can post free for all.

Danielx64

Staff member
LV

Credits
Never found cloud fare that effective and find it off putting to some people to see the checker screen before they reach the site. I think we should just make it so the first 3 posts or so need moderator approval before the new members can post free for all.
I agree with you regarding cloudflare - I have seen that checking thing time and time again, and just find it annoying. Having the first 3 posts needing approval is another option as well.

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
LV

Credits
Um
... You could disable that if you don't like it. It's only displayed under the attack mode.

Danielx64

Staff member
LV

Credits
Considering that the spam issue is under control, I'm going to close my own topic. With that said, if you do see spam, please use the report function so that it can be taken care of :)

Status
Not open for further replies.