Gaming Latest - PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Video Game Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does it bother you when people pronounce words badly?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Tech Savvy
LV

Credits
It depends on the word like if someone mispronounce an anime or video game title which I love then it can get kind of annoying since hearing people mess up the title by saying it badly can get irritating.

But, for words I do not care about, I don't really care if it is mispronounce.

.Reiko

the mighty kraken
LV

Credits
Since I live in the south, a lot of people pronounce "idea" like "idear". I get so annoyed with it, because there is clearly no R in idea.

Spiritwarrior

Forum Reformist
Full GL Member
LV

Credits
I often hate it when some can't pronounce my name right when it may not be so hard, but I do respect some who do have a difficult time pronouncing words that may originate from a different language or country.

xxxAERO

( HELLO FASCINATION )
LV

Credits
It happens a lot in school, I hate it when people volunteer to read and then they can't pronounce the words.

froggyboy604

Staff member
Tech Savvy
LV

Credits
I kind of dislike it when people pretend to have British, and German accents since it sounds fake and annoying like Madonna talking in her fake British accent instead of talking like an American.