Gaming Latest - PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Video Game Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you like people for their Character, and not for what they have or look like?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Tech Savvy
LV

Credits
A persons Character is very important in a relationship (friend, partner, family member, co-worker). I tend to not hang out with people with bad characteristics like violent, manipulative, and dishonest people are not good to be around.

RedCarpetSugar

Gaming Historian
Full GL Member
LV

Credits
I try to find a balance between the two.

I try to surround myself with good-charactered people, but I also don't want to be with someone who makes me cringe every time I look at them.

froggyboy604

Staff member
Tech Savvy
LV

Credits
Indeed, I think it is important to find a good balance if you are looking for a girl friend or boy friend since being in a romantic relationship with someone you do not find attractive in any physical way may not be good. I would have difficulty finding an honest answer if the person is too unattractive to be wearing any kind of tight or short clothing.

But, I don't care much for attractiveness for regular friend relationships since nothing romantic will happen.

RedCarpetSugar

Gaming Historian
Full GL Member
LV

Credits
Knowing me, something will happen and I will have some kind of romantic relationship with anyone (that includes the males) in my circle.

xxxAERO

( HELLO FASCINATION )
LV

Credits
I tend to like my friends for their personality but I tend to try to surround myself with pretty people as I'm pretty vain I guess. I mean it's tough having pretty friends being compared and all of that. Normally people make friends with me rather than the other way around since I'm shy so I think both looks and personality have to do with that in the first place.

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
LV

Credits
I do and everyone should be like that as well.
People shouldn't give importance to looks at all....that's how I feel.

Arbie

Full GL Member
LV

Credits
I would be lying if i say yes to this,

*Do i like people for their Character ? - not really as long as they don't lie, i'll accept anyone from lawful good to chaotic evil
*Do i like people for what they have ? - yes, maybe , sometimes
*Do i like people for what they look like ? - yes, but i don't discriminate others for this (see character, 1st *)